While attending the camp meeting at Indian Springs,
GA, in August, 1938, four ministers from NC —
Rev. J. W. Groce, Rev. P. A. Rayle, Rev. C. E.
Williams, and Rev. A. Burgess had a burning desire for
a camp meeting to be born in NC. These four met in the
corner of the Indian Springs Tabernacle and turned that
desire into a reality. Their dream was for the North
Carolina Camp Meeting to be patterned after the Indian
Springs Camp Meeting, for the purpose of promoting
and preaching the great Bible doctrine of Holiness or
entire sanctification as a second definite work of God’s
grace in the human heart, subsequent to regeneration.
After much prayer, further meetings, and conferences, a
five acre site was purchased. The first camp meeting
was held in August of 1942, with Dr. John R. Church as
the only preacher, and Brother Joseph Crouse and Mrs.
Crouse as song leaders, with Mrs. C. E. Williams as the
From its humble beginnings, under a 40 x 60 canvas
tent with a brush arbor type cooking and dining area,
the grounds have been steadily developed and improved
through the years. We now have seven plus
acres of beautiful wooded grove located inside the City
of High Point. Our buildings now consist of a large tabernacle,
a dining hall, a boy’s dorm, youth tabernacle,
a girl’s dorm, a general adult and family dorm, a caretaker’s
home, workers’ cottages and many individually
Under the blessing of God, John Wesley Camp Meeting
has grown and its influence has reached out until
eternity alone will reveal what has been wrought by the
Power of the Holy Spirit.
The Board of Directors covets the prayers of all who
read about this camp or are privileged to attend the
services. We welcome you to John Wesley Camp and
extend to you an invitation to be with us anytime.
Camp Meeting 2014 June 26th-July 6th
To do whatever it takes to bring the lost to Christ through: Prayer, Love, and Servitude.